June 2015 Tidal Mixing Task List
- Review the J2 vs J3 difference plots. There is an error somewhere -- correct it.
- KVMIX in Schmittner cases: the differences vs the control ("br1") case show banded structure
that does not make sense, since both individual cases have roughly the same magnitude in these zones.
- Create S4-S3 difference plots. Done. Linked to index page under case S4.
- What was the value of tidal_mix_max in the "new GN" cases? 100
- Create a list of all tidal-mixing cases, including failed and exploratory cases.
Done. Cases are now linked at the top of the index page, and here:
only the most significant of the preliminary, exploratory cases are included
in this list. Early correctness-testing and some of the earliest parameter-variation studies are not included here.
- Investigate the apparent problem in the 18.6-year lunar cycle case.
Done. Dave reviewed the raw ascii data. Nancy realized she didn't build exact-restartability
into the lunar-cycle code; she revised the code, tested it, confirmed it exactly restarts, and submitted
a corrected lunar-cycle experiment on 2015-06-19; the case should be completed by 2015-06-22.
- Are there any available pop cfc diagnostics? In progress. Nancy will ask Keith, Matt,
Ernesto, and Keith Moore. Nancy has created new cfc ncl scripts to generate level plots of cfcs in
our standard diagnostics package.
Also in progress: Nancy is porting the new tidal-mixing code
to CESM1.2.2, so that Keith Moore can run a case with the new ocean ecosystem model
and then run his specialized diagnostics on the solutions.
- Run a GECO (GIAF ecosystem) case with favorite alternative tidal mixing parameterization.
TBD. Wait until after our next meeting on 25 June 2015.
- CPT Progress Report. Due ASAP. Done. Nancy wrote draft; Gokhan polished and submitted it.